Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a successful and well known Commercial Flooring Contractor, in their search for an Experienced Senior Estimator to work within their South West London Head Office
Our Client is an established Flooring Contractor and Supplier, specialising in delivering bespoke carpet designs and wooden floor solutions through outstanding service with a high quality of workmanship.
They have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join their team in the Head Office in South West London (TW). The ideal candidate will have previous experience in evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that our clients know everything required in order to successfully bid and win projects, both small and large scale.
You will be highly organised, motivated detail-focused and driven; you will need to consistently follow-up with subcontractors, clients and architects to ensure that bids are received and work closely with others in project management and sales to follow-up on bids in order to close and win the business
We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a great benefits package and an opportunity to earn commission. This is a perfect opportunity to join a company that is established and a market leader but one that is also continuing to grow, giving you a chance to be a part of that future success.
Briefly, the role will involve the following duties:
- All bid (job) Administration in preparing full Estimates on complex work and projects
- Preparation and maintenance of plan / quantity reproduction as required per project/bid/job submission.
- Maintaining effective communication with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers alike.
- Preparing subcontractor bid packages (if required).
- Coordinating with all relevant stakeholders including (but not limited to) owners, architects, engineers, project managers / sales person and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution.
- Can show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors/suppliers.
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline, no exceptions.
- Efficiently performing all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organisation, take-off / quantities, pricing, review and closeout.
- Effectively communicating project progress / status with Management / Sales.
- Prepare, analyse and maintain accurate quantities and thorough take offs from plans.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for job completion.
- Order all Materials required for the job’s you have won.
- Once the job is won try and be economic about ordering all your materials and being creative about quantities. Management approval will be required.
- Mentor and support training of more junior team members.
- Work with Warehouse & Operations team to ensure projects that have handed over are run efficiently and effectively to maximise profit margins.
- To remain focused on customer satisfaction and develop self-evaluation that leads to continuous improvement.
- To comply with health and safety policies, practices and procedures, including reporting any potential hazards.
- Build appropriate relationships with staff, contractors, clients and other stakeholders to develop and enhance the achievements and good reputation of the Company.
- Upholds and represents the Company’s values and standards positively at all times.
Essential Requirements for Successful Candidate:
- 6+ years’ experience in construction/project estimating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or Accounting
- Have an understanding of quantifying and taking off of materials.
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of residential/building construction process
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, CAD
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to solve problems, creative solution finder
- Experience of working in the flooring industry but would be preferable.
Our Clients are offering an attractive Negotiable Basic (c£30-£40k+) plus Commission (OTE another £10-15k in year one) and an interesting full Benefits Package as well as the opportunity to progress their career for the successful Candidate.
For immediate consideration pleasxe forward your CV (in Confidence) to us via the Apply Here Link on this page. For a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly on 01562 544090.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Carpet and Flooring Industry.