Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a leading Independent Furniture and Flooring Retailere based in Plymouth in their search for an additional Carpet and Flooring Department Sales Estimator.
The company are a well established family run Carpet, Flooring and Furniture Retailers with an excellent reputation and product range.
As the Company Carpet Measurer/Estimator you will be required to visit customers’ homes and support them in their purchase of new flooring by taking measurements and giving them great sales advice. We have been serving our customers for over 164 years, we pride ourselves on our customer service so this would suit someone who is flexible, friendly, professional and will go the extra mile to give great customer experience.
Location: Based at our clients Head Office (Plymouth) & travelling across Devon and Cornwall on a regular basis
Line Manager/Supervisor: Commercial Director
Key aspects of this role include: (although not exhaustive)
• An experienced and proven estimator within the carpet industry is preferred, however training could be given to the right candidate
• Your will need to be able to develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of company products and services to ensure accurate information is always provided to customers
• A good level of arithmetic is required and the understanding of measuring, preparing plans and estimating price
• You will need to be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude
• Enjoy a challenge and take pride in achieving targets set
Required skills and capabilities:
• Detail oriented
• Works effectively, independently and to deadlines
• Highly organised and able to multi-task and effectively prioritise
• Reliable, honest and responsible
• Excellent written communication skills and professional telephone manner
• Team player with a flexible, ‘can-do’ outlook
• Readily takes initiative
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
• Demonstrates ability to maintain a fast work pace, managing multiple priorities simultaneously often under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
• Demonstrates high organisational and planning skills
• Demonstrates excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrates the ability to work as an effective team member
• Contributes to a team environment to promote the success of Fairway Furniture
• Demonstrates the ability to determine priorities and be self-directed
• Demonstrates a significant ability for discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive issues
• Demonstrates proficiency in a variety of applications on a PC platform
• Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours consistent with Fairway Furniture’s values
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• An understanding of the demands of the retail sector
• An understanding of the multi-faceted workload within a retail environment
• An understanding of the need to portray a professional image at all times
• An understanding of organisational methods and how to make best use of limited time to the greatest effect
• Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills enabling the post holder to negotiate with staff and customers, when dealingwith sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion
• Excellent communication skills and command of the English language
• Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise in the face of competing demands
• Hold a full UK driving licence
• Negotiating skills and diary management
• Drafting correspondence
• Proven success in completing tasks to tight deadlines and working without supervision
• Good numerical skills
• Experience of working in a retail organisation, preferably furniture or other large goods
• A friendly, confident and outgoing personality
• Commitment to working collaboratively and as part of a team
• Proactive & attentive to detail
• Adaptable & responsive in the face of changes in priorities,plans & schedules
• Awareness of maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure
• Commitment to Fairway Furniture’s Equality Policy and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues, visitors and people of all cultures and backgrounds
• Flexibility. A degree of flexibility will be required by the post holder who may be called upon to undertake other duties as requested from time to time by the management team.
Salary:Basic £20,000 plus monthly bonus based on carpet sales performance at stores. £25,000 -£35,000 OTE per year.
For immediate consideration for this excellent opportunity please forward your CV via the links on this page or, for a confidential discussion call Justin or Sarah Kelly on 01562 544090.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Carpet and Flooring Industry.
Dedicated Recruiters to the Carpet & Flooring Industry.
Carpet Roles UK Recruit exclusively for, and from the Carpet and Flooring Industry.
Trading and building our network for 15 years we offer Candidates and Hiring Managers an unrivalled niche service and have successfully placed Hundreds of Flooring Industry Professionals into their next Role.
We offer complete confidentiality and Great Rates for our Clients backed by standard setting Replacement Scheme (6 months Free and 6 at 50% reduction) in rare event that a placement we assist with does not go as planned.
Give Justin or Sarah a call today on 01562 544090 or follow the links to our website for more details.
If you don’t see a role today that is for you, simply go to our website, upload your details and we will alert you when a suitable role in your area comes in.... and we don’t advertise every role either, some are by necessity kept private so don’t miss out... send us your CV today!