Estimator - Commercial Flooring
Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting our clients, an Industry Leading Flooring Contractor in their search for two additional Estimators to join their rapidly expanding team.
Our Clients are fast growing and well financed Commercial and Residential Flooring Contractors. They are central London based with the company’s HQ in the City of London Financial district near Liverpool Street where the Estimator will work from, alongside the sales team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the industry leaders providing fantastic career opportunities. With a vast client base, covering various industry sectors ranging from main contractors, residential developers, fit out experts, interior designers and corporate end users. With their wealth of experience and expertise, they can competently undertake projects of all types and sizes in any aspect of flooring.
As a key part of the senior management your role will include but not limited to:
- This role requires a high calibre applicant, with previous experience in the flooring / estimating sector and to have extensive knowledge of all types of flooring including timber, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, carpet, carpet tiles and ceramics etc.
- This role would suit somebody with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of one of the most progressive organizations.
- The working environment is very friendly and enjoyable to be a part of which is reflected in the remarkably low staff turnover.
- Be responsible for account management, business development, be results driven and have proven year on year success and have the ability, drive and self-motivation to be a success in this varied role.
- Formulate quotations, liaising with suppliers and negotiating discounts to enable quotations to be priced as competitively as possible.
- Possess the skills required to digitise and analyse flooring plans and be experienced within the tendering process. You will be required to digitise to Callidus from plans and electronic drawings, carry out site measures, quantify products, and fully understand product and labour requirements to produce competitive quotes.
- You will liaise with our suppliers and valued clients to facilitate the smooth processing of all tenders and projects.
- Organise and prioritise quotations as per company requirements, log /record quotations and chase main contractors / clients effectively securing client feedback to build historical data and when necessary, establish reasons for not winning jobs and re-quote and reduce prices where possible.
- Build upon relationships with main contractors / clients and win / increase market share.
- Pro-actively increase the Companies profile and exposure.
- Report confidently to senior management weekly on results achieved.
- You will be concentrating on the more managerial elements of the role as well as assisting the Apprentices in the development of their skills, basically you will have help with the less interesting elements of the role.
The ideal Estimator will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Wealth of knowledge and personal contacts within the flooring industry.
- A good communicator.
- PC skills necessary as will be updating databases daily.
- Team player.
Office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The salary will be dependent on level of exposure to the industry, ranging from £40k to £60k with additional company benefits.
For immediate consideration for this role please forward your CV via the “Apply Here” Links on this page or for a confidential discussion call Justin kelly on 01562 544090.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Flooring Industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
Additional Application Instructions
Please upload an up to date CV.